- 521g Flour
- 183g Milk
- 10g Yeast
- 10g Salt
- 21g Melted butter
- 10g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Juice from 2 lemons (approx. 115g)
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 Tblsp Lavender
- Add 521g flour, 10g yeast and salt, 10g sugar, the lemon zest and lavender and mix together
- Add 183g milk, lemon juice, 21g melted butter, and egg to the dry ingredients and mix.
- I kneaded the dough in my stand mixer for around 10 minutes, the dough was really sticky so I floured my work surface and kneaded by hand for a minute
- Let the dough rise, covered, until doubled in size. About an hour
- Once doubled, knead a few times, and shape into a boule.
- Cover and let rise for about 40 minutes or until doubled in size. I'm using a brotform dusted with icing sugar, which ended up thickening and sticking to the brotform, so don't make the same mistake.
- Preheat the oven to 350F slash the loaf (which I forgot to do) and bake for about 40 minutes. I covered the bread with foil for the last 15 minutes since it looked brown enough and I didn't want the top to burn.
I think this recipe still needs some work. The lemon flavour is good, the lavender is a little more subtle then I hoped for. I think doubling the lavender would work better.
View bakers percentage sheet.